The Old Quaker Meeting House, Ettington
The tiny old Quaker Meeting House was built between 1681 and 1684 on land bequeathed by Samuel Lucas and there have been Quaker meetings there for 300 years. It is the smallest Meeting House in the country and the one in longest continuous use since it was completed.
It is a very simple single-story building made of local blue Lias stone with Hornton ironstone to reinforce the corners and to frame the door and windows. It has a slate roof and the elm roof timbers may have come from an earlier building.
It stands in a peaceful garden, full of snowdrops and primroses in Spring, which is also a Quaker burial ground.