Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, many churches may decide not to be open for Ride and Stride 2020.
As the situation is changing from week to week, local decisions will be made by churches as to whether they wish to open or not and the measures they will put in place if they do. We are not therefore going to publish a list this year of churches that are open.
SUMMARY OF COVID-19 ADVICE
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF RIDE & STRIDE 2020
“The objective is still to ride or stride past or visit as many churches and chapels so as you can to obtain sponsorship for your efforts. However, because of the Covid-19 pandemic –
- Assume that churches will NOT be open and that there will be no one to welcome you or provide refreshments, so please take your own.
- Toilets are unlikely to be available
- There will be no Register of Visitors, so if you need to demonstrate that you have ridden or walked past churches, please take selfies on your phone camera.
- Follow Government guidance on Covid-19, extant at the time
- If a church is open, touch as little as possible.
- Take hand sanitiser.
- Use off road routes where possible and remember the Highway Code.
- Stay safe and enjoy the day.”