We need churches, chapels and meeting houses to support our county’s fundraising by signing up for this year’s Ride + Stride.
Sign up your church, chapel or meeting room clicking the green button to Register on the right. We can then keep you informed about Ride and Stride 2019.
Amounts raised from sponsorship are shared between the church that the participant rides or strides for and the WCHCT.
Don’t forget there is a prize of £250 for the church with the highest sponsorship (and there is also a £100 prize for the individual with the highest sponsorship).
For those who are new to Ride and Stride, here is what a Church or Parish Organiser / Coordinator does:
- Receives all the Ride and Stride correspondence for one or more churches
- Arranges for the church to be open on Ride and Stride day with refreshments. If possible, please leave out the Register of Visitors form so that Riders and Striders can fill it in. It would be very helpful if you can send this to our Treasurer (address on the form) so that the WCHCT has an idea of the numbers participating. Thank you.
- We are not asking churches to have a Welcomer in the church this year as we know that these days it is not practical. The important thing is that the church is open (and some basic refreshments are put out if this is possible). We have suggested that Riders and Striders simply take a photo of the church on their phone if they feel that their sponsors want proof of their visits.
- Helps to publicise the event locally
- Puts out Posters as soon as possible, adding your name and contact details at the bottom.
- Lets participants know how to download an information pack from this website which includes registration and sponsor forms, plus safety information.
- Makes Sponsorship forms available to those interested or encourages them to create a Just Giving page online to make sponsorship easy. Our Ride and Stride Campaign link for Just Giving is here.
Download the documents you will need here:
Information Pack for Church or Parish Coordinators / Organisers. (This contains all the forms listed below (except the Risk Assessment) which can also be downloaded separately).