Many thanks to everyone who took part in our ‘socially distanced’ Ride and Stride on Saturday 12th September 2020. Your support is much appreciated. If you have any photos that you can share please post them on our Facebook page or email them to email@example.com
Details of Ride and Stride 2021 will be published on this website in Spring 2021. To see how ran Ride and Stride 2020, please see below:
How we ran Ride and Stride 2020
You can plan your day to suit yourself and you can ride or walk past any churches or chapels you wish. Your choice of transport is up to you – by bike, car, horse, tractor or buggy – or walking – or any form of transport you choose!
Fundraising amounts are shared 50/50 between the WCHCT and the church for which a participant rides or strides. Don’t forget there is a prize of £100 for the individual with the highest sponsorship (as well as a £250 prize for the church with the highest sponsorship).
See below for sponsorship forms and for our Treasurer’s address for cheques.Alternatively, a simpler way is to go to Virgin Money Giving online and either make a simple one-off donation or set up a fundraising page yourself.
Taking part is easy:
Download the briefing documents and forms you need here.
- Introduction for Riders and Striders
- What you need to do now
- Registration Form for Riders and Striders
To raise money — either, download the Sponsorship Form below
OR click the direct link below for online donations and fundraising
- Direct Link for Virgin Money Giving online.
- Information sheet about making a donation / fundraising page on Virgin Money Giving
https://firstname.lastname@example.orgHave a look at some examples of Warwickshire cycling and walking routes here.
Recording visits to Churches: We are not recording visits to churches this year for Covid Safety reasons. If Riders or Striders feel that they need to show their sponsors that they have ridden past churches, we suggest that they take selfie photos on their mobile phone.
In addition, you will need to read our Risk Assessment document which is here: Risk Assessment
- If you are taking photos for sharing or publication, please ensure that you have permission from the people appearing in them. A form is attached here.
SUMMARY OF COVID ADVICE FOR RIDE & STRIDE 2020
The objective is still to ride or stride past or visit as many churches and chapels so as you can to obtain sponsorship for your efforts. However, because of the Covid-19 pandemic –
- Assume that churches will not be open and that there will be no one to welcome you or provide refreshments, so please take your own.
- Toilets are unlikely to be available
- There will be no Register of Visitors, so if you need to demonstrate that you have ridden or walked past churches, please take selfies on your phone camera.
- Follow socially distancing rules and other Government guidance on Covid-19, extant at the time
- If a church is open, touch as little as possible
- Take hand sanitiser
- Use off road routes where possible and remember the Highway Code.
- Stay safe and enjoy the day
(If you have time / are able to, it would be great if you can let your local church, chapel or meeting room know that you are going to take part this year).
We look forward to seeing you on a wonderful and rewarding day.
You can also Sign Up here to receive our Newsletter, so that we can keep you informed about future events at WCHCT